Research Tools and Finding Aids
This page contains links to descriptions of records held in the University Archives. These lists are intended to assist researchers in locating records that are relevant to their research. The records can be accessed in the Archives and Special Collections Reading Room during normal opening hours.
We strongly suggest that you contact us before you visit the Archives so that we can retrieve the records you require from our vaults before you arrive. Some records are stored offsite and it may take a day or more before they are available for access in our Reference Room.
If you are looking for digitized photographs and textual records please go to Digital Resources.
- Search the Catalogue of Holdings -- Search the entire holdings of the University Archives through the Archives Network of Alberta database Do a simple search using keywords or subject categories, or choose 'advanced search' to conduct a more complex search for records.
- Browse Corporate Records -- Browse a list of campus units for which the University Archives holds records. The list is organized in alphabetical order by the title of the unit which created the records.
- Browse Private Records -- Browse a list of private records donated by individuals and groups, organized in alphabetical order by the name of the records' creator.
- Theses -- Find information on how to access theses and dissertations created at the University of Calgary, from the 1950s to the present.
- Gazette Indexes, 1971-1989 -- These indexes increase access to articles written in the University's official newspaper for the period 1971-1989.